For additional information about space logistics, we recommend the following resources:
- SpaceNet Project Homepage: http://spacenet.mit.edu
- AIAA Space Logistics Technical Committee: https://info.aiaa.org/tac/SMG/SLTC/
- KSC International Space Station/Payloads Processing Directorate, Logistics Division: http://www-ss.ksc.nasa.gov/Logistics/default.htm
- Defense Logistics Agency: http://www.dla.mil/
- Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP): https://www.navsup.navy.mil/
- Naval Logistics Library, NAVSUP http://nll1.ahf.nmci.navy.mil/com.cfm
- SOLE—The International Society of Logistics: http://www.sole.org
- Major Prime and Tier 2 Suppliers: http://www.frassanito2.com/SSPO/suppliers/
- Blanchard, B.S. Logistics Engineering and Management. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, Inc., 1992.
- DoD Supply Chain Management Implementation Guide. Logistics Management Institute, McLean, VA, 2000.
- Langford, J.W. Logistics: Principles and Applications. McGraw-Hill Inc., 1995.
- Larson, W.J. and L.K. Pranke, Human Spaceflight Mission Analysis and Design (HSMAD), McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Shishko, R. NASA Systems Engineering Handbook. SP-6105. Washington, D.C.: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, 1995.
- Simchi-Levi, D., X. Chen, and J. Bramel. The Logic of Logistics:Theory, Algorithms, and Applications for Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Springer Science and Business Media, Inc., 2005.
- NASA's Exploration Systems Architecture Study Final Report, Dec. 27, 2005. http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=19094
- Bachman, T.C. and R.C. Kline. "Model for Estimating Spare Parts Requirements for Future Missions." AIAA 2004-5978. Space 2004 Conference, 28-30 Sept. 2004, San Diego, CA.
- Butina, A.J. "Managing NASA's International Space Station Logistics and Maintenance program." Space Technology and Applications International Forum-2001.
- Evans, W.A. "Space Logistics: The Ultimate Logistics Enterprise Challenge." Logistics Spectrum, Jan.-Mar. 2005.
- Joosten, B.K and L.A. Guerra. "Enabling Lunar Exploration through Early Resource Utilization." NASA Johnson Space Center, 1993, http://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/HumanExplore/Exploration/EXLibrary/DOCS/EIC033.HTML
- Snead, J.M. "Architecting Rapid Growth in Space Logistics Capabilities," 2004-4068. Presented at the 40th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, 11-14 July 2004, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Snead, J.M. "Near-Term Manned Space Logistics Operations." Air and Space Power Chronicles, 31 August, 2005. http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/cc/snead.html
- "Space Logistics Symposium, 6th, Houston, TX, Feb. 22-24, 1995, Collection of Technical Papers." Washington, DC, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 1995.
- Walz, C., J. Uri, and D. Baumann, "Far From Home-Human Presence on ISS as Preparation for a Lunar Base and Beyond." NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX AIAA-2005-2549. 1st Space Exploration Conference: Continuing the Voyage of Discovery, Orlando, Florida, Jan. 30-1, 2005.
- Watson, J.K. et al. "Supportability Concepts for Long-Duration Human Exploration Missions." AIAA 2003-6240. Space 2003, 23-25 Sept. 2003, Long Beach, California.
- Pankonin, Peterson, et al. "Simulating Low Demand Asset Availability in Base Supply with Q-Gert," Proceedings of the 1982 Winter Simulation Conference, San Diego, CA, 1982.